We work hard but we love our job and state! There is nothing more rewarding than seeing the excitement on guest’s faces as we host them in Alaska and around the world. We are extremely proud to offer a small business, family environment where team members are the most important reason for our 40+ years of success.
A love of animals is a plus, especially dogs. Dogs frequent our workplace and even serve as the John Hall’s Alaska employee morale team!
Tour Manager, CDL Drivers and Tour Representatives
JHA Tour Managers and Representatives serve to represent the John Hall’s Alaska organization at all times – while on board the motorcoach, with guests and around partners, and throughout our Alaska and Minnesota operations.*
- Professional behavior and courtesy must be demonstrated at all times
- Operate motorcoach in safe and productive manner
- Understand motorcoach operations and maintenance/safety requirements
- Narrate knowledge, history and content of Alaska, the Yukon, or the Canadian Rockies to John Hall’s Alaska clients
- Share extensive knowledge of area
- Ensure quality product is delivered from those vendors John Hall’s Alaska partners with along the tour route
- Most importantly: Go above and beyond. John Hall’s Alaska is in business to exceed the customers’ expectations. For any John Hall’s Alaska employee, the terminology “no we can’t” does not exist
- Use every resource necessary and possible to meet the clients’ needs
*Positions available in Alaska, Minnesota and both seasonally and year round
- High school completion
- Extensive knowledge of Alaska. Knowledge of Yukon/Canadian Rockies history a plus
- Ability to both answer questions and narrate while operating the motorcoach in safe manor simultaneously
- Organized and well kept
- Ability to keep time deadlines ensuring groups arrive at cruise ship, hotels, and meals in a timely fashion
- Current, valid, and clean record with a CDL
- Must at least be class B and have a passenger and air brake endorsement
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience driving a motorcoach • Knowledge of motorcoach operations and basic maintenance
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Uphold motorcoach cleanliness standards as a positive representation of John Hall’s Alaska
John Hall’s Alaska is a proud leader in compensation based on loyalty and years of dedication to the team. All transportation and overnight costs incurred are included with seasonal work, and compensation for meals while traveling. Employees are eligible for a yearly safety bonus based on motorcoach upkeep and cleanliness along with yearly bonus for years of service to the industry and John Hall’s Alaska.
No immediate openings.
John Hall’s Alaska is always accepting applications. To us, it is about finding the right person, not just filling a position. We welcome any and all resumes so don’t be shy!
Please submit resumes to [email protected].
Full time employees may take advantage of benefits including personal leave, paid vacation, holiday pay for all major holidays, retirement contribution, health insurance or health insurance reimbursement and yearly bonus pay based on years of service or performance.