| Posted in:

Passport & Visa Requirements

US & CANADIAN CITIZENS: Effective June 1, 2009, all persons traveling between the U.S. and Canada are required to have and carry a valid passport to enter or re-enter the United States by land, air, or sea. Should you be required to unexpectedly depart a vessel before the end of the sailing, a passport, valid for 6 months after your return date, would be required to re-enter the U.S.

NON-US & CANADIAN CITIZENS: You must have and carry a passport valid for six months beyond the duration of the cruise. Non-U.S. citizens who have previously been admitted to the United States for permanent residence must carry their Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) commonly known as a Green Card.

CHILDREN: U.S. citizen children under the age of 16 traveling by land or sea will be able to present the original or copy of their birth certificate or proof of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate or citizenship card.

PASSPORT CARDS: Passport cards are available as a substitute for carrying a valid passport. This is a wallet-size card valid for land and sea crossing in North America. However, please note that these cards are not valid for foreign air travel.

For more information visit: www.travel.state.gov/passport or call the National Passport Information Center at 877.487.2778.